Today was a bad day - at first. wow. Since I started typing it all got better.
I started out in pretty good form considering it was my first day back at work after three weeks off. The drive back was pretty rough last night (not the worst but I pulled in for three naps before I could get too tired). I was up at 7 then so I could say goodbye to Yvonne. Couldn't get back to sleep so was up and showered early. I even left for work at about 8.45. Then I may or may not have banged into a car as I was parking. To be fair it sounded like I did, but when I checked I couldn't see anything so I left the car.
When I came back to get my car for the MOT, there was a card on my windscreen saying to call Bernie at a solicitors. This was pretty scary as I thought someone had referred me to a solicitor straight away. I went on to fail the MOT (pretty much as expected - it was still worth going down though. The retest will be cheaper). One of the issues was that the heat shield over the exhaust was loose.
On the way out I gave the girl a ring. Turns out the solicitor was the girl herself and she was very nice. Said she hadn't seen the car herself and would ring me later.
When I was pulling into the courthouse(couldn't show my face on Edward Street again :) ), the rattle got worse and at the last minute the shield dropped and scraped very noisily across the ground. I can't help thinking it wasn't that loose going into the test...
So off I went to work, pretty upset with myself. Started to panic about how much would be claimed for and decided to make sure my insurance was paid out of my bank.
It wasn't.
Felt sick for the rest of the day. Darted out of the office at 6 and headed out to Forest Hills. Relief #1 - Tesco letter was there - renewal automatic, first payment won't be taken 1st of the month. Right. Phew.
Came back and said I'd better start documenting my life. Was a few sentences in here when Bernie rang, said she'd done worse to the car herself and she wasn't going to do anything about it. Relief #2.
Now my only issue is I'm paying £400 more with Tesco than I could be with Admiral. At least I can sort that now...
And I can breathe again.
No comments:
Post a Comment